4 Ways to Set a Sleep Timer for Music Player on Android and iPhone
Most of us like to listen to music while going to bed, however, often times we fall asleep and the music keeps playing all night and drains the battery. In this case, a sleep timer on your phone’s music player will help you to automatically turn off music playback after a set period of time. Here are some easy ways to enable a sleep timer on your phone’s music player. Meanwhile, you can also learn to play music on your MacBook with the lid closed.
How to set sleep timer on phone music player?
In this read, we will discuss the three apps to set a sleep timer to automatically stop playing music. However, if you are using YouTube Music as your default music player app, you can check our detailed workaround guide to set a sleep timer in YouTube Music app.
Sleep timer app
Using the sleep timer app, you can easily set a sleep timer on your favorite app like Audible, Spotify, YouTube Music, etc. Here’s how to use it:
1. Download the Sleep Timer app on your phone and launch it.
2. From three dots icon Press on Settings.
3. In the Settings menu, tap Player to start at the start option.
4. Now choose your favorite music player.
5. Once done, simply choose the duration and press Begin. Your music will be automatically paused once the timer is turned off.
Set sleep timer in Mi Music app
Hey MIUI users, did you know that Xiaomi’s native music app has a built-in feature to use a sleep timer? Here is how you can easily enable it on your Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO phone running MIUI.
1. Launch it Mi Music app on your phone.
2. In the upper left corner, tap the Quick toggle icon.
4. In the settings menu, tap Advanced settings.
5. Here, enable toggle for Sleep Timer, and set the duration of the timer. It can go up to 90 minutes, once it goes off, the music will stop automatically.
Set Sleep Timer in Apple Music on Android
The Mi Music app isn’t the only proprietary app with a sleep timer. Like iOS and Android users can use Apple Music to set a sleep timer. Here’s how:
1. Launch the Apple Music app on your phone and play a song or playlist of your choice. Now tap the list icon to view your next playlist/music.
2. On the next screen, tap the three dots icon from top right.
3. Now choose the sleep timer from the context menu and set the duration. Now the music will stop automatically after the time is up.
Set Sleep Timer in Apple Music on iPhone
If you’re using Apple Music on an iOS device, things work a bit differently if you want to set the sleep timer, compared to the Android counterpart. To set a sleep timer on Apple Music through your iPhone, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Swipe down in the upper right corner of the screen to reveal the control center.
2. From the control center, tap the Timer widget.
3. Set the timer according to your requirement.
4. Tap the menu that says ‘When the timer ends’scroll down and tap Stop playing.
5. Press on Adjust. Then press Begin.
You will be surprised to know that the music you are listening to will stop playing once the timer is off.
In this read, we discussed the three apps you can use on your phone to set a sleep timer to automatically pause music. I hope you found this guide useful; if you did, be sure to like and share it. Check out other useful tech tips and tricks linked below, and stay tuned for more such tips and tricks.